Business and Corporate Law
Legal, Business and Financial Consulting
The oversight of a knowledgeable financial professional combined with skilled business attorneys is an essential component of the long-term success of your business. Wherever you are in your business lifecycle, Shestopalko Law PLLC can provide financial advice and legal support to help you get to the next level.
Shestopalko Law is a law firm that united experienced business and immigration attorneys. Whether you are just starting a company as a United States citizen or a non-citizen, looking to sell a company, or plan on expanding into the United States market from abroad our firm will serve as your legal counsel each step of the way.
Our firm offers the following services:
- Business Entity Formation (LLC, Corporation, PLLC, Partnership, and others)
- Non-Profit Formation
- Entity Conversions
- Company Dissolutions
- Drafting and Negotiating Contracts
- Purchase and Sale of a Businesses
- Buy and Sell Agreements
- Regulatory Compliance
- Importing and Exporting
- Drafting of Business Plan
Opening a Business from Outside of the United States
When opening a business in the United States as a non-citizen or company, there are four primary considerations:
- United States Immigration visa requirements
- The legal structure of the business
- Tax considerations
- Regulatory compliance
There are three primary immigration options for starting and managing a business in the United States:
- E-1 Trader Visa and E-2 Investor Visa: The E Visa category allows foreign nationals who are citizens of treaty countries to start businesses in the United States. There are two types of E Visas. The E-1 Visa allows individuals to enter and reside in the United States to carry out substantial international trade of goods, services, or technology between their qualifying home country and the United States. The E-2 Visa allows individuals to enter and reside in the United States for the purposes of investing (“substantial amount of capital”) to set up a business, practice, or office. The E visa status is usually granted in three month to two-year increments and can be extended indefinitely. The foreign national can renew the E Visa indefinitely as long as they continue to maintain an E business in the U.S. For more detailed information on E Visas please visit our Investor Immigration Page.
- L-1 Multi-national Transfer Visas: Internal (intracompany) transferees who have been employed outside the United States by an affiliate, subsidiary, parent or branch of the United States company in a certain position may come to work for the same company in the United States. If the foreign company wishes to open a new United States branch, affiliate, or subsidiary, immigration laws allow for the transfer of executive employee to open and manage the new United States entity through the initial start-up phase. Initial L-1 Visa status generally issued for up to three years and can be extended for a maximum of seven years for an L-1A Visa, or five years for an L-1B Visa. For more detailed information on L-1 Visas please visit our Employment Immigration Page.
- EB-5 Investor Visa: The EB-5 program was established by the United States Congress in 1990 to facilitate increased investment in the United States economy. The EB-5 Visa is a way to get a green card (permanent residency) through investment. The EB-5 Investor Visa Program eventually enables qualified investors to become citizens of the United States. There are 10,000 EB-5 Immigrant Visas available annually. For more detailed information on EB-5 Visas please visit our Investor Immigration Page
Here is where we can help!
For more specific help with your individual case, call Shestopalko Law today at (585) 506-7356, email email@example.com or fill out our contact form.
Disclaimer: This article discusses general legal issues, but it does not constitute legal advice. No one should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information presented herein without seeking the advice of counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Shestopalko Law expressly disclaims all liability in respect of any actions taken or not taken based on any contents of this article.